Extra Mooga at Great GoogaMooga
NEW YORK, NY - The Great GoogaMooga, the food, drink and music festival coming to Brooklyn's Prospect Park this May 19th and 20th, reveals details about Extra Mooga, its all-inclusive, paid ticketed experience.
Set in a beautiful wooded area of the park, Extra Mooga is a festival-within-the-festival and offers an unprecedented intersection of food, drink, music, comedy. The Extra Mooga program includes 20 different events per day in the way of culinary seminars, music performances, cocktail demos, wine and beer tastings, and theme parties as well as over two-dozen specially curated menus.
In what is a staggeringly impressive line-up, Extra Mooga sees names like Anthony Bourdain, Tom Colicchio, Marcus Samuelsson, Michael Symon, April Bloomfield, Masaharu Morimoto, David Chang, Ruth Reichl, Garrett Oliver, Julie Reiner, Paul Grieco, Aldo Sohm, James Murphy, Aziz Ansari, and Kristen Schaal taking to its stages.
Extra Mooga will be open from 11am-9pm on Saturday, May 19, 2012 and 11am-8pm on Sunday May 20, 2012.
Tickets are available at www.googamooga.com/extra-mooga. A portion of all festival proceeds will be directed to The Prospect Park Alliance, which in partnership with The City of New York, restores, develops, and operates Prospect Park for the public's enjoyment.
With the help of the famed architect and designer David Rockwell and the Rockwell Group, Extra Mooga will transport guests into a wonderland that plays on Prospect Park's wooded trails, rustic scenery and historical landmarks.
There will be four different venues, each with their own programming: Pagoda Stage, Kitchen Theater Tent, Spiegel Tent, and Boathouse. Ticket holders will also have access to an exclusive main stage viewing area and to Extra Mooga-only music and entertainment acts.
While wandering throughout Extra Mooga, guests will discover over two-dozen carefully selected cocktail, wine, beer and food stations. The festival collaborated with acclaimed Mixologist and Beverage Director Julie Reiner to host cocktail offerings from her Clover Club andFlatiron Lounge as well as to create a line-up of some of the city’s most respected cocktail bars including PDT, Booker and Dax, and Viktor and Spoils.
Brews will be chosen by Brooklyn Brewery Brewmaster Garrett Oliver while Hearth and Terroir Co-Owner and Sommelier Paul Grieco and Peter Eastlake, Superfly Presents’ Director of Wine Programming, have curated wine offerings with an A-list roster of industry personalities.
The list includes Master Sommeliers and tastemakers such as Aldo Sohm of Le Bernardin, Daniel Johnnes of Daniel Boulud’s Dinex Group, Laura Maniec of Corkbuzz Wine Studio, Robert Bohr, Carla Rzeszewski of The Spotted Pig, The John Dory Oyster Bar and The Breslin, Theresa Paopao of Momofuku and Richard Betts. Award-winning winemaker Randall Grahm of Bonny Doon Vineyard will also be on hand, pouring, for the very first time, experimental variants of his famous Le Cigare Volant wines.
On the culinary end, Chef Tom Colicchio has created a Colicchio & Friends food station where a number of his favorite restaurants from around the country will serve food, giving guests the opportunity to try bites from outside of New York. There will also be Pop-Up Feasts where multiple, rotating food stations from restaurants with a presence in General Admission as well as some exclusive bites like California’s Umami Burger can be found. Highlights from the Extra Mooga line-up according to their venue are noted below; the full schedule is available online at www.googamooga.com/extra-mooga:
BOATHOUSE: This 1905 Beaux Arts structure overlooking the park’s Lullwater and Lake will take guests back in time to the roaring ’20s when New York City emerged as a culture capital. In tribute to the rich history behind New York oysters, guests will find Shell Shucked! - an oyster tasting curated by The John Dory Oyster Bar - and The GoogaMooga Shuck-off, an oyster shucking competition. There will also be the Spirit of Old New York cocktail party hosted by The Fedora, Monkey Bar Goes Bananas, which will see Graydon Carter recreate this swanky urban icon, and Marcus Samuelsson’s Harlem Renaissance Party with live music and a menu of Harlem bites and drinks.
PAGODA STAGE: Extra Mooga’s music performances will primarily take place on the Pagoda Stage, an 1880s historical landmark. Extra Mooga will expand on the original structure of the pavilion with a built-out stage and seating for Emmy-award winning chef-adventurer Anthony Bourdain, culinary demos by Iron Chefs Masaharu Morimoto and Michael Symon,and a DJ Set from James Murphy of DFA Records and LCD Soundsystem fame. Extra Mooga has also created a "Noshing with" series where personalities like Chefs David Chang, Tom Colicchio, and Eddie Huang, Comedians Patton Oswalt and Aziz Ansari, musician James Murphy and bestselling author Ruth Reichl will host lively chats about the intersection of food and music.On Sunday evening, the Pagoda Stage will throw a Big Gay Ice Cream Disco Party where disco beats will be paired with the wildly famous New York ice creamery’s concoctions.
SPIEGEL TENT: Set in an ornate tent inspired by twentieth century European cabarets and dance halls, The Spiegel Tent will be primarily dedicated to the pleasures of the drink. Each day, guests can enjoy Farmer Fizz, grower champagne tastings hosted by importer Terry Theise, before events like Liquid Brunch, The Art of Daytime Drinking hosted by Julie Reiner, Speed Wine Tasting by Laura Maniec, Mmmmmm, Beer and Bacon hosted by Garrett Oliver and famed curer Allan Benton, and Beer vs. Wine hosted by Oliver and Paul Grieco.The Spiegel Tent will also feature entertainment from comedians Kristen Schaal and Kurt Braunohler with their Hot Tub with Kurt and Kristen variety show.
KITCHEN THEATER TENT: Foodies will find interactive culinary seminars in The Kitchen Theater Tent with a recipe demonstration from New York Magazine’s upcoming In Season cookbook with Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern and Grub Street’s Alan Sytsma and butchering demos from April Bloomfield of The Spotted Pig and Tom Mylan of the Meat Hook. A leading bartender from Booker and Dax will play mad scientist with molecular gastronomy and cocktails alongside Food & Wine Magazine’s Restaurant Editor Kate Krader. In the way of entertainment, Marc Maron will host his WTF Podcast from the tent and by night, there will be a Silent Disco where a live DJ will pump tunes directly into dancers’ wireless headphones.
Extra Mooga Highlights:
* All-Inclusive Food & Drink within Extra Mooga
* Exclusive Main Stage Viewing Area (Music will be announced April 23, 2012)
* Separate Festival Entrance and Exit for easy access in and out
* Access to Extra Mooga Events, which as of April 18, 2012 include the below. More will be announced in the coming weeks:
· Anthony Bourdain
· April Bloomfield, A Girl and Her Pig
· Beer vs. Wine hosted by Garrett Oliver & Paul Grieco
· Beers Curated by Garrett Oliver
· Beef Butchering hosted by The Meat Hook’s Tom Mylan
· Big Gay Ice Cream Disco Party
· Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken Party
· Cocktails by Clover Club, Flatiron Lounge, PDT, Booker and Dax, Viktor & Spoils
· Farmer Fizz hosted by Terry Theise
· Hot Tub with Kurt (Braunohler) and Kristen (Schaal)
· In Season: A Recipe Demo with Michael Anthony & Alan Sytsma presented by New York Magazine
· James Murphy DJ Set
· Jay Gatsby’s NYC Brunch
· Liquid Brunch, The Art of Daytime Drinking hosted by Mixologist Julie Reiner
· Marcus Samuelsson’s Harlem Renaissance Party
· Meet and Greet (and Eat) with Michael Symon & Dean Fearing presented by Lexus
· Mmmmmm, Beer & Bacon hosted by Garrett Oliver & Allan Benton
· Molecular Cocktails hosted by Booker and Dax & Kate Krader
· New Orleans Brass Brunch with Dirty Dozen Brass Brand & Crawfish Monica
· Noshing with Aziz Ansari, David Chang, Ruth Reichl & James Murphy
· Noshing with Patton Oswalt, Tom Colicchio & Eddie Huang
· Shell Shucked! and The GoogaMooga Shuck-off hosted by The John Dory Oyster Bar
· Speed Wine Tasting hosted Laura Maniec and Corkbuzz Wine Studio
· Silent Disco
· Spirit of Old New York Cocktail Party hosted by Fedora
· The Art of Appetizing with Russ & Daughters
· The Monkey Bar Goes Bananas
· Umami Burger
· Whole Fish Breakdown with Masaharu Morimoto presented by Lexus
· Wines Curated by Paul Grieco, Aldo Sohm, Daniel Johnnes, Laura Maniec, Carla Rzeszewski, Theresa Paopao, Robert Bohr, Richard Betts and Randall Grahm
· Winning the Cup hosted by Third Rail Coffee and Marc Maron
· WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
* More to be Announced *
For more information and tickets please visit Extra Mooga online at www.googamooga.com/extra-mooga.
To find Extra Mooga on Facebook and Twitter please visit: www.facebook.com/googamooga and@GoogaMooga